Are you a potential Bunker Trader with aspirations to develop in an international bunker company? Are you willing to go an extra (nautical) mile when needed, and value having fun at work? Then, this is just the right career opportunity for you.
Monjasa is a leading global partner in the oil and shipping industry who believes strongly in driving Personal Business. We aim to inspire our business partners and become first choice by challenging status quo with our original solutions. We are thus on the lookout for a colleague who can identify with Monjasa’s values and is capable of building strong relations both internally and externally
As our new Bunker Trader in Stamford, you will join a tight-knit team characterized by proactivity, extensive market knowledge and passion for the industry. Our trading team in Stamford works in close collaboration with our sister office in Panama City and all together they are a team of seven traders covering the Americas. Furthermore, your role will also be in close dialogue with our global offices and customers on supply in Americas.
As the team is relatively small, you will become an integral part of daily social life in the office and we highly value smile and joy at work.
You will start out with back-to-back trading, focusing on sales and purchase of bunker fuel. As you learn the ropes of bunker trading, you will gradually become involved in physical bunker supply operations as well. You will be in contact with supplier and customer networks all over America as you develop original and enterprising solutions. Thus, it is important that you have a determined mindset, you are able to generate business opportunities and engage with business partners.
Areas of focus
- Develop and maintain a solid and stable portfolio of customers and suppliers
- Ensure optimal customer satisfaction by building strong personal relations and providing specialist advice in bunker solutions
- Liaising with key accounts on orders and physical supply coordination
- Build and nurture personal relations with our suppliers
- Provide internal support by surveying ports/regions, tracking vessel movements, and coordinating fuel delivery
- Communicate and coordinate with global offices on inquiries, orders and coordination of supply in Americas
Your professional skills
- Relevant education
- Some experience from the shipping, maritime or oil industry, preferably in bunker trading and/or supply
- A good network within the shipping community is an advantage
- Sales or customer relationship management experience
Your personal skills
- Committed to build personal relations
- Ability to work both in teams and self-motivated
- Flair for numbers, analysis and negotiation
- Self-driven and resilient with a high customer service focus
- Curious and passionate to learn and develop in a constant changing shipping market
Monjasa as a workplace
Monjasa offers you a fulfilling career in a global organisation, where you will be part of a dynamic and ambitious team. We enjoy great learning opportunities and are proud of our fantastic work environment. With “Monjasa means personal business” as the headline to our corporate purpose, this serves as the guiding principle for our business. You will also find that we live and breathe our values of Respect, Ambition, Curiosity and Smile & Joy. All four values and our corporate purpose are anchored in how we work together and reflect our company DNA.
Monjasa at a glance
Monjasa is a global partner in the oil and shipping industries. Our core business includes reselling and physical supply of marine fuels, oil terminal operations and ship-owning activities on a global level.
We are characterised by a strong entrepreneurial spirit and have achieved strong growth on a global scale since our start in 2002. Financially, Monjasa is recognised as a robust business partner and total revenue exceeded USD 2 billion in 2018 - or equivalent to 4.1 million tons of marine fuels supplied. The fleet currently consists of some 20 tankers.
The Monjasa Group also includes the offshore ship-owning company C-bed Floating Hotels and RelateIT, who specialises in ERP and IT infrastructure solutions.
We encourage you to read much more about the company, the job application process and some good and valuable advice on how to best position yourself for the open job listing at: www.monjasa.com/careers
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
In case you encounter any problems when uploading your application, please contact HR support Monday to Friday between 9am - 4pm UTC+ 01:00 on this number: +45 76 317 290.